The European PhD is a Doctoral degree award by European Universities. A certificate will be issued attesting a “European PhD Tittle” in case that the following requirements are met:
- Registration as a PhD student at Faculty of Pharmacy of University of Lisbon;
- During the academic stage in the PhD, the student has completed a minimum stay of one trimester outside Portugal in a university in another European country studying or doing research, as part of their thesis preparation;
- Presentation of a proof of the study or research that was carried out, as described in the previous paragraph;
- Existence of two favourable opinions regarding the acceptance of the doctoral thesis, issued by professors that belong to two non-Portuguese universities from two European countries;
- Participation of a member of a non-Portuguese European higher institution in the jury;
- A part of the PhD examination must be done in an official EU language other than Portuguese.
The following documents must be submitted to the Academic Services of this Faculty:
- Application (written request) addressed to the Rector of the University of Lisbon;
- Statement of the period of study or research issued by the foreign university;
- Two favourable opinions regarding the acceptance of the doctoral thesis.