The overall objective of the PhD in Pharmacy at FFULisboa is to pass on research and innovation activities into tangible direct benefits to the society of advanced qualification in the area of medicines and interactions with health, health promotion and disease prevention,
It focuses on translational research of discovery of therapeutic targets, drug design, preclinical development and drug safety. The PhD in Pharmacy will train competent professionals and scientists of excellence capable of, once inserted in the society, contribute to rationalize the use of innovative products and services as well as activities to promote and develop them.
- Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics;
- Cellular and Molecular Biology;
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology;
- Food Science;
- Pharmacognosy and Ethnopharmacology;
- Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy;
- Pharmaceutical and Therapeutic Chemistry;
- Social Pharmacy;
- Pharmaceutical Technology,
The PhD degree follows the standard structure of 4 years (8 semesters).
The PhD in Pharmacy starts with a curricular component in the first and second semester. The following semesters correspond to the elaboration of the thesis.