Application requirements for applicants who hold a secondary education diploma or a Portuguese secondary education diploma and have made the Portuguese admission exams
- Applicants who have not Portuguese nationality;
- Applicants who are not nationals of the European Union Member-States;
- Applicants who have not applied to the special access and admission competitions organized nationally by the Portuguese Directorate General for Higher Education (DGES);
- Non-European Union nationals residing legally in Portugal for less than two years, uninterruptedly, on 31 August of the year in which they make the application;
- Applicants who have two or more foreign nationalities, of which one corresponds to an EU State nationality, except Portuguese, can only apply if they do not reside permanently in that EU State.
- Applicants should have a qualification obtained in a country in which that qualification gives them the right to apply and be admitted to higher education in that country;
- Applicants should have a Portuguese secondary education diploma or a foreign legally equivalent qualification.
- Applicants should have academic qualification required by degree program to which they apply;
- Applicants with a Portuguese secondary education diploma have to pass the Portuguese admission exams required by the Faculty of Pharmacy (Biology and Chemistry or Biology and Geology and Physics and Chemistry);
- Applicants with a foreign secondary diploma should have similar subjects required by the Faculty of Pharmacy;
- Applicants are required to have knowledge of Portuguese language.
Knowledge of Portuguese language
- The enrolment in any 1st cycle or integrated master program requires the level B2 of the Portuguese language (B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- The international applicants who have only an intermediate level of proficiency in Portuguese (B1 level), may apply to this special competition as long as they agree to enroll in an Annual Portuguese Language Course.
- The applicants who have not followed their secondary education in Portuguese language must:
- Present a “DEPLE” (Elementary Diploma of Portuguese as a Foreign Language) or a B1 level certificate issued by the Faculty of Letters of the University of Lisboa (FFUL);
- Present a B1 level certificate;
- or submit to a Portuguese language exam at FLUL. This exam is subject to the payment of a fee and shall take place according with the calendar published every year.
- The applicants who have not followed their secondary education in Portuguese and do not present a “DIPLE” (Intermediate Diploma of Portuguese as a Foreign Language, B2 level), or a B2 level certificate issued by FLUL, have to enroll in an Annual Portuguese Language Course. This course is lectured at FLUL and is subject to the payment of a fee. The course can be followed during the first year of the degree program. At the end of the first year, the applicants should have achieved the B2 level of proficiency. As long as the B2 level is not achieved, the applicants must re-enroll in the Portuguese language course until that level of proficiency is achieve
The evaluation and confirmation of the pre-requisites regarding Group B is done by a doctor registered in the Portuguese Medical Association.
Deadlines for the academic year 2019/2020
Applications are open from 1 February until 28 june 2019
- Applications: 1 February – 22 March
- Publication of the results: 10 April
- Applications: 14 May -28 June
- Publication of the results: 19 July
- Copy of Identity Document (Passport/ Foreign Identity Card);
- Passport size photo;
- Declaration signed by the applicant, stating that he/she has not the Portuguese nationality;
- Document certifying the completion of the Portuguese secondary education or equivalent or other foreign secondary education qualification that gives access to higher education in the country in which it was obtained. The letter shall be validated by the competent authority of that country (usually the Official Education Services);
- Document with the classifications (grades) obtained in the final exams of the Portuguese secondary education, which correspond to the admission exams for those holding a Portuguese secondary education diploma or an equivalent document;
- Certificate of Portuguese Level.
The documents referred in 3, 4 shall be translated whenever it is not issued in Portuguese, English, French or Spanish. They have also to be validated by the Consular Service or presented with the apostille of the Hague Convention fixed by the competent authority of the State that issued the document.
The application is online.
- The final classification corresponds to the sum of the grades, as follows:
- The ranking of the applications is done on a decreasing ranking order using the final classification.
- 50% of the classification obtained in the secondary education;
- 50% of the classifications obtained in the admission exams or in similar exams made at home country.
- All the classifications have to be expressed in a 0-200 scale, being 100 the minimum score for admission.
Tuition fees and other costs
- Application fee: 60,00€
- Enrolment and registration fee: 25,00 €
- Tuition Fees: 7.000,00 € /year
The tuition fees are paid in several instalments.
The enrolment and registration fee is paid annually in the beginning of each academic year.
In the 1st year, the enrolment and registration is only confirmed after a single payment corresponding to 30% of the total amount of the tuition fee plus the amount of the enrolment and registration fee.
If the student drops out, he/she is only exempt from the payment of the instalments due in the following month.
Further information: email@example.com