Liquid Chromatography (LC) and Mass Spectrometry (MS) Service
The service applies liquid chromatography (LC) and mass spectrometry (MS) for identification and quantification of non-polar molecules and low, medium or high polar molecular weight molecules.
The Laboratory is equipped with a Triple Quadrupole MS Micromass Quattro Micro API and a HPLC Waters Alliance 2695 coupled to a Photodiode Array Detector Waters 996 PDA.
The equipment was financed by FCT (Programa Nacional de Reequipamento Científico REDE/1518/REM/2005).
– ESI e APCI sources (m/z between 20-2040; MS/MS)
– Liquid Chromatographer (Alliance, Waters 2695) with automatic sampler
– PDA detector (Waters 2996)
– Separations module(Collector III, Waters)
– Software: Waters MassLynx version 4.1 for Quattro Micro API and Waters Empower
The LC-MS Service provides varied services:
– Small molecules: Atmospheric Pressure Chemical Ionization (APCI)
– Small or large non-volatile molecules: Electrospray Ionization (ESI)
– Mixtures: Liquid Chromatography/ Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)